@steadcraft

:-) I hope you recognize the irony here...

You claim to be the victim of fraud, essentially the same as Rylan. You express frustration and disappointment the same as Rylan. In fact, all of the distrust you spout towards Rylan can just as easily be said to you. Do you see that?

You are a stranger on the Internet. You claim to have lost more than $600, but where is the proof? Any proof you can think of showing me, I can find a way to say you faked it.

As far as I can tell, the only thing I know for sure is that you are using this moment to promote your blog. Probably because you either have advertising on it or because your selling something or both. That means you are not in a position to make impartial claims because it might not drive as many eyeballs to your site.

Here is the big difference between you and Rylan though, you gain by claiming to be a victim where he loses. By admitting the situation, and subsequently releasing the repositories, he loses any advantage they might have provided. By association with the fraudulent individual, he loses trust and his brand and reputation are harmed. He gains nothing from the release of this information. You use it to promote your blog, which seemingly could provide financial gain.

People so often get caught up in their emotions and in the moment that they begin pointing fingers at anyone and everyone. It's so easy to do, especially on the Internet. I don't expect that you will change your mind, but I do hope you appreciate the difference in perspective and how it can lead to various interpretations of motive.