Close

Hybrid View

Technologist
    Quote Originally Posted by 3dspider View Post
    same here, chayat.... but then, we 10 weren't beta testers - we were just supposed to work out any kinks in the final product. AFAICT, the only people in that list of 10 that got their kits were the people in canada, because customs apparently seized the first couple they sent into the usa...
    Actually, I'm pretty sure that at least two people in Australia got kits too. I was one of them, and if I remember correctly there was someone in Sydney due to get one too.

Unfortunately it took a very, very long time to arrive - if I remember correctly it finally turned up in late March, just before I headed overseas for a holiday. Since then a combination of work and personal commitments has meant that building Peachy isn't a high priority, so it's still in its box (but on the to-do list).

Quote Originally Posted by Slatye View Post
    Actually, I'm pretty sure that at least two people in Australia got kits too. I was one of them, and if I remember correctly there was someone in Sydney due to get one too.

Unfortunately it took a very, very long time to arrive - if I remember correctly it finally turned up in late March, just before I headed overseas for a holiday. Since then a combination of work and personal commitments has meant that building Peachy isn't a high priority, so it's still in its box (but on the to-do list).
    I got one from my Backerkit order in Feb 2014. Did not build because I did not see evidence that it was worth my time. For example, after I got my kit, the audio output was abandoned. Good idea, but it meant I was better off waiting for the final design than wasting my time. There also was really no evidence that any other Beta testers built them--beyond one or two. The only prints I saw coming out (very few) were problematic, especially with holes in surface.

I'm guessing if there is truly useful technology here that does not already exist in the outside world, that it will be quickly incorporated by people in the build your own sla community. There is a forum on top down builds that you can check out here: http://www.buildyourownsla.com/

Since I don't plan to build it at this point, I'm selling my Peachy Printer Beta kit: http://www.ebay.com/itm/222115287108?

Quote Originally Posted by steadcraft View Post
    I got one from my Backerkit order in Feb 2014. Did not build because I did not see evidence that it was worth my time. For example, after I got my kit, the audio output was abandoned. Good idea, but it meant I was better off waiting for the final design than wasting my time. There also was really no evidence that any other Beta testers built them--beyond one or two. The only prints I saw coming out (very few) were problematic, especially with holes in surface.

I'm guessing if there is truly useful technology here that does not already exist in the outside world, that it will be quickly incorporated by people in the build your own sla community. There is a forum on top down builds that you can check out here: http://www.buildyourownsla.com/

Since I don't plan to build it at this point, I'm selling my Peachy Printer Beta kit: http://www.ebay.com/itm/222115287108?
    Oh, and I'm in California BTW.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by Slatye View Post

You're not "one of the 10", you're a beta backer. (like harpo99999)

Senior Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by steadcraft View Post

I would venture to suggest that there is no way you are selling it.

Technician
    this beta aussie (not near sydney more newcastle) did receive one of the 10, and has build the v1 basic printer, but am designing a suitable cabinet that is both laser and water tight(in the lower third) as I do not want either salt water or laser light in my main computer and 3d printing space, so have not printed anything with the peachy