Close

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Diy it?

Hybrid View

Sorry for a really noob question.

I assume the files in the repository were written with some free software. Whats the best to use. I really just want to see a part list in English not in scad and dxf. Simple questions like what's the laser used I couldn't answer.

OpenSCAD opens the files but I'm still confused. I saw the instructional video had a printed part list shouldn't that document file be somewhere?
    Last edited by Alchemy; 05-14-2016 at 04:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    Sorry for a really noob question.

I assume the files in the repository were written with some free software. Whats the best to use. I really just want to see a part list in English not in scad and dxf. Simple questions like what's the laser used I couldn't answer.

OpenSCAD opens the files but I'm still confused. I saw the instructional video had a printed part list shouldn't that document file be somewhere?
    The PCBs where done with a package called "Eagle" which is not FOSS, but does have a limited version avalible hobbist use. I haven't done much with them yet, but the peachy should be a simple enough design that it should work with the free version of Eagle. I plan on converting them to an open source package called "Kicad" to make it easier on us hobbiests.

You've already discovered OpenSCAD, which takes some getting used to, but works well for this type of thing (particualarly for the programming-inclined). I'm not suprised it's what Ryland decided to work with, because (dispite our differences in style) it's exactly what I would have used.

I'm not sure where the partlist is, we're still getting a handle on things. Right now it's a bit like comming into to Pripyat once the dead-zone is decalared "safe": everyone dropped what they where doing and fled, so entering now noone knows what's where. We're trying to sort through it and get things working again, but it's likely going to take a month or so.
    Last edited by oninoshiko; 05-14-2016 at 10:49 AM.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    when you've got a $100 kit that doesn''t need soldering - I'll buy one :-)

Peachy Printer Founder
    Yes in fact for some of the parts we have more then enough for all the backers, simply because minimum order quantities forced us to purchase more.
    For example the elastic thread we have enough for 80 thousand printers, which cost only about 60 dollars. I have coils that are of an old design that work just fine but are harder to use ( they don’t snap in to place perfectly)
    I would prefer to ship a bunch of parts to one or two community members, and then let those members distribute them as people ask.
    Also some parts are so inexpensive that its no problem to send a few out for community use.
    Would anyone be willing to receive and distribute these parts amongst the community here?

Quote Originally Posted by rylangrayston View Post
    Yes in fact for some of the parts we have more then enough for all the backers, simply because minimum order quantities forced us to purchase more.
    For example the elastic thread we have enough for 80 thousand printers, which cost only about 60 dollars. I have coils that are of an old design that work just fine but are harder to use ( they don’t snap in to place perfectly)
    I would prefer to ship a bunch of parts to one or two community members, and then let those members distribute them as people ask.
    Also some parts are so inexpensive that its no problem to send a few out for community use.
    Would anyone be willing to receive and distribute these parts amongst the community here?
    I volunteer as tribute for ditsrict UK.
    Jon.

I could do that for Germany

EDIT:
    Skillset: Java, Openscad, html/css/etc. and a little bit of arduino, dart and i am able to learn new stuff

Is there someone who has an overview or is able to get this overview and could create a task/bug/todo-list or something like that?
    Last edited by Synchron; 05-19-2016 at 08:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Synchron View Post
    ........Is there someone who has an overview or is able to get this overview and could create a task/bug/todo-list or something like that?
    I can't say I'll have total overview, but I'll try my best to work a frame-work out and place it on the wiki. Some bones to which we can add some meat...

A trick I've taken from working in IT and progressing projects is to make notes, notes on everything and anything. Spellings ignored etc etc, free flowing words of your current thoughts..
    Then later tidy and share. That's what I'll do when writing a framework.
    Jon.

@rylangrayston Thanks, between that animation, and the .blends used to make it, that helps me out a lot. Unfortunately for me, I've hit a snag: someone managed to break the Lolzbot at my local makerspace. If noone's fixed it by Wednesday, I'll be taking the printhead apart.

I wish I could help with the distribution stuff for the US, but I have too much stuff going on right now.
    Last edited by oninoshiko; 05-19-2016 at 04:28 PM.

I volunteer for Australia.

@rylangrayston Hey, I'm looking at the 1.0 repo now, things make a lot more sense. I am noting a number of things in there only have the .smc files, T.scm is that one I'm looking at hardest (which I think is the base T shaped frame?). Is there an scad of this, or atleast a drawing defining all the dimensions?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast