Close

Thread: Diy it?

Hybrid View

Sorry for a really noob question.

I assume the files in the repository were written with some free software. Whats the best to use. I really just want to see a part list in English not in scad and dxf. Simple questions like what's the laser used I couldn't answer.

OpenSCAD opens the files but I'm still confused. I saw the instructional video had a printed part list shouldn't that document file be somewhere?
    Last edited by Alchemy; 05-14-2016 at 04:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    Sorry for a really noob question.

I assume the files in the repository were written with some free software. Whats the best to use. I really just want to see a part list in English not in scad and dxf. Simple questions like what's the laser used I couldn't answer.

OpenSCAD opens the files but I'm still confused. I saw the instructional video had a printed part list shouldn't that document file be somewhere?
    The PCBs where done with a package called "Eagle" which is not FOSS, but does have a limited version avalible hobbist use. I haven't done much with them yet, but the peachy should be a simple enough design that it should work with the free version of Eagle. I plan on converting them to an open source package called "Kicad" to make it easier on us hobbiests.

You've already discovered OpenSCAD, which takes some getting used to, but works well for this type of thing (particualarly for the programming-inclined). I'm not suprised it's what Ryland decided to work with, because (dispite our differences in style) it's exactly what I would have used.

I'm not sure where the partlist is, we're still getting a handle on things. Right now it's a bit like comming into to Pripyat once the dead-zone is decalared "safe": everyone dropped what they where doing and fled, so entering now noone knows what's where. We're trying to sort through it and get things working again, but it's likely going to take a month or so.
    Last edited by oninoshiko; 05-14-2016 at 10:49 AM.