As one of the many silent backer the recent news was a bummer, but I think every question and sentiment has already been covered to both the negative and positive extremes, so I'd rather look at how we can move this project forward.

Now that Rylan has kindly opensourced a lot of the info; which personally means a lot more than any of the moaning no matter what went on. Looking through these files a thought occurs - Instead of this crowd sourcing funds rubbish which only really guarantees the money and interest that kickstarter takes (remember the house always wins) what about coming up with a "crowd building" plan and cutting out the parasites altogether by pooling our resources to adapt viable sub-project that would help restart the main project?

i.e. Chayat (hey btw) has a laser cutter and is happy to send parts at cost, but if too many people took this kind offer up it may well becoome unviable. If however we as a community resolve what tasks remain, we could develope a system like 3dhubs or their ilk for each remaining component/process/requirement. Say we start this process with something like the scanner, this could be used to raise funds through the sale of further units, resources could be listed in a shared booking document along the lines of:

Book1.jpg

Organising this kind of thing could possibly be a positive way for rylangrayston etc.. to regain faith, reputation and all that - without further expense or liability.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _
“It is a law of nature we overlook, that intellectual versatility is the compensation for change, danger, and trouble. An animal perfectly in harmony with its environment is a perfect mechanism. Nature never appeals to intelligence until habit and instinct are useless. There is no intelligence where there is no change and no need of change. Only those animals partake of intelligence that have a huge variety of needs and dangers.” HG Wells, The Time Machine