Close

Thread: RIP peachy?

Hybrid View

You have the parts for EVERYTHING, why can't you scribble up some installation diagrams and ask for $20 for shipping for the parts? Its unknown at this time how many backers have received beta kits, but that should be enough to complete your work.

Is it the best you could've done? No, but its the best you can do in this situation.

The courts are going to drag this out which is annoying. But I'll be sending emails out to the police/Crown/attorney general to see how much attention I can drum up.

The internet loves stories like this...buzzfeed, mashable, etc are all going to know David Boe's name and one way or another he's going to jail. Dumbass.
    Last edited by SideWinderGX; 05-11-2016 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Can't spell names apparently

Quote Originally Posted by SideWinderGX View Post
    ...buzzfeed, mashable, etc are all going to know David Bowie's name
    Yep, David Bowie is gonna be a regular household name by the time this is all done. People might even write songs about him...

Seriously though, this is all terrible news. People are generally being pretty kind here so far, but I'm disappointed and angry that we weren't told sooner. Whether you thought the situation could be resolved at the time or not the fact is that the investment was totally mismanaged and we were led on. I fully understand that Kickstarter is a gamble, and that there are a million different reasons why the project could've failed. I just personnaly take offense to being led on for years, YEARS, when Rylan could've come clean with the whole situation much earlier, and we could've cut our losses or dug a little deeper in our pockets to help then. I'm really not sure why it was kept secret for so long. If David Boe had actually repaid all the money AFTER Rylan found out but BEFORE we did would David still be part of the team? Would all have been forgiven? All keeping it secret for so long served to do for me was throw Rylan's credibility into question.

I agree that Rylan should put a plan, and a cost, together for shipping the kits in their current form to paid backers. If that's impossible for some reason then LET US KNOW. If these are truly the only hurdles then send a link and instructions on where to buy a certified laser and how to install it, and ship out in simple packaging. Backers could then choose to pay that cost and take their chances again with Rylan to maybe get something sooner, or wait for an outcome in court or a new investor and maybe get something then.

Rylan, you seem like a smart, nice guy, who got dealt a raw deal, but i'll have to think long and hard before I send you another dime.