Close

Thread: RIP peachy?

Hybrid View

To be honest I just can no longer trust the peachy printer at all. Its very tempting to offer to pay $50 more just to get my peachy in my hands after all these years, but there is no trust. Hiding this from the people who helped fund the project is simply not acceptable. Although we have no say in how you use funds, and no say in the direction of the project, everything peachy has said from the start has been about open source and transparency. This is just simply no longer the case. I do not really care about the $100 odd plegded to peachy. Backing projects on kickstarter is always risky, and projects sometimes do not deliver. I slightly do care that my money went towards building a house for someone, hell, I would love to build a house with someone else's money, but I can get over that too. Someone essentially steals my printer years ago and it is behind a veil of secrecy, well that just enrages me. Not cool Ryan, not cool!

The video was very well made, with cool graphics and you seem very genuine, but how can any backer truly trust the content of that or any of your previous videos. You claim that it would have hurt the project somehow to announce this earlier? I disagree. The failure to disclose sooner than this has hurt peachy way more.

mattsoftware is right, Rylan you waited too long to go public. Once you lose trust it is difficult, and impossible for some, to earn it back. I lost some of mine years ago with the continual (almost professional) positive updates about delays with the Peachy. And because of those delays my window of opportunity to help with early development was missed - so I moved on to other projects, instead becoming passive on this one.

Ref the forum comments on additional funds, that's pretty hard for me at least at this point to fathom putting in more. At this point I'm not sure how much transparency there would be going forward. Trust indeed is a very hard thing to earn back.

Quote Originally Posted by mattsoftware View Post
    To be honest I just can no longer trust the peachy printer at all. Its very tempting to offer to pay $50 more just to get my peachy in my hands after all these years, but there is no trust. Hiding this from the people who helped fund the project is simply not acceptable. Although we have no say in how you use funds, and no say in the direction of the project, everything peachy has said from the start has been about open source and transparency. This is just simply no longer the case. I do not really care about the $100 odd plegded to peachy. Backing projects on kickstarter is always risky, and projects sometimes do not deliver. I slightly do care that my money went towards building a house for someone, hell, I would love to build a house with someone else's money, but I can get over that too. Someone essentially steals my printer years ago and it is behind a veil of secrecy, well that just enrages me. Not cool Ryan, not cool!

The video was very well made, with cool graphics and you seem very genuine, but how can any backer truly trust the content of that or any of your previous videos. You claim that it would have hurt the project somehow to announce this earlier? I disagree. The failure to disclose sooner than this has hurt peachy way more.