Close

Thread: RIP peachy?

Hybrid View

Dear Calvin,

Since you are in Hong Kong, can you even distribute via China more cheaply than we can in Canada/us? Isn't there trade agreements basically subsidizing shipping from China? Like if the kit is 1$ to ship from China to tge US, basically that's all you pay. But the same shipping from within Canada would be like 20$ for a kit. Would it not be cheaper then to ship and package everything from China even taking into consideration hiring five employees for a week? I'm sure that's the case because I can always get stuff mailed from China way way cheaper than from even locally.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by amirjabri View Post
    Dear Calvin,

Since you are in Hong Kong, can you even distribute via China more cheaply than we can in Canada/us? Isn't there trade agreements basically subsidizing shipping from China? Like if the kit is 1$ to ship from China to tge US, basically that's all you pay. But the same shipping from within Canada would be like 20$ for a kit. Would it not be cheaper then to ship and package everything from China even taking into consideration hiring five employees for a week? I'm sure that's the case because I can always get stuff mailed from China way way cheaper than from even locally.
    Dear amirjabri

I'm not sure about how they charge. but usually depends on the weight of the package. If u order light stuff from ebay (sdcard/usb-cable etc.) they usually just use regular air mail to mail it. probably a dollar or 2 will get it to the state.
    but if it's anything larger than an envelop, it got to go as "package" then that's more expensive. That's why a lot of large distributor have agreement with shipping warehouse in US or EU. they ship bulk using air flight.
    then the warehouse distribute them in small order later according to orders.

And since the parts are already in Canada. It's probably cheaper to mail directly from Canada to US.

Rylan, Is it possible for peachy to sold all un-certified PCB/mirror as scrap(recycling) for a dollar? I'm more than happy to takecare of that issue for u. ^_*
    I'm pretty sure some backer in other continent will also be willing to take care of scraps for backer in their neighborhood. Backers can coordinate themself on what to do with "scrap" later.
    a CAD file will let us find place to laser cut them for us to finish the remaining puzzle.

I can even help find manufacture in China to manufacture peachy(labor are much cheaper in China). Peachy can probably sell them for $200 then for each new printer sold, a backer also get one. It could take a while for all of us to get peachy, but at least we will get there...

Student
    Hey Amir,
    I've sent you several emails with no response... please check your inbox and let me know your plans. Thanks!
    DonS