Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hybrid View

Engineer-in-Training
    I highly suggest going for a Rep2 clone. The most respected one is the Flashforge Creator Pro, which is now $999, but there are a number of even cheaper and near identical options (WanHao Duplicator for example)

These style of printers are extremely proven, have a huge install base, and are non-proprietary so they are inexpensive to maintain.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by djprinter View Post
    I highly suggest going for a Rep2 clone. The most respected one is the Flashforge Creator Pro, which is now $999, but there are a number of even cheaper and near identical options (WanHao Duplicator for example)

These style of printers are extremely proven, have a huge install base, and are non-proprietary so they are inexpensive to maintain.
    Flashforge is now only $899 on the B&H website. I would highly recommend it over the others--community is huge for a reason.

The Wanhao is a Prusa style machine. Good value for money spent. I think it might be a better bet than either of the two initial candidates, and cheaper than both. Look for a heated bed, a bowden feed (as opposed to direct) and a large build space. Stay away from anything proprietary. Nice thing about the Wanhao is that it's a (mostly) prebuilt printer, so if anything goes wrong, you've got backup. With a kit printer you're on your own. (Not that you were looking at kit printers... just mentioning it.)

Hope that helps - Charlie1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12