Close

Hybrid View

Staff Engineer
    I believe he means a tube between the spectrom machine and your extruder weather or not the extruder has a tube after it. You'll notice that both the machines the Spectrom was tested on use direct extruders rather than Bowden tubes.

If you do have a significant distance between the extruder and the hot end (such as a Bowden tube), then the machine has to account for that extra length, I assume with some calibration process..

Follow Spectrom3D On Twitter Add Spectrom3D on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Feign View Post
    I believe he means a tube between the spectrom machine and your extruder weather or not the extruder has a tube after it. You'll notice that both the machines the Spectrom was tested on use direct extruders rather than Bowden tubes.

If you do have a significant distance between the extruder and the hot end (such as a Bowden tube), then the machine has to account for that extra length, I assume with some calibration process..
    Exactly.

Also, yes, we are currently using 1.75mm PLA in our development.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Feign View Post

ultimakers are bowden - always have been.
    Also 3mm :-)
    Hence the questions.