Close

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by bzmotoninja83 View Post
    Sensor is here, resistors are wired, 15k and 10k as denoted on many videos, Brown is wired to the 12v power and the resistors are a voltage divider. The black and blue wires are wired accordingly, using the enstop plug on the Ramps 1.4 where its supposed to be. The sensor trips when it senses the bed however, the Z axis does not stop. I tried inverting the enstop info in Marlin but, still doesnt seem to see the endstop being triggered.
    This is a common issue. And we need to clean up how this is configured. (But that won't happen until after the Release Candidate goes Golden.)

It is being caused by a mis-understanding on your part how to configure the Z-Probe. The firmware doesn't know to be watching where ever you have the probe plugged in.

Do you have a Z-Min endstop? If so this complicates things (but it still can be configured). If you are just using the Z-Probe then the easiest way to get running is to enable:

Code:
    #define Z_MIN_PROBE_USES_Z_MIN_ENDSTOP_PIN

I only have the one capacitive sensor. i had before, the servo and microswitch. Its working in the sense that I have the sensor basically zeroed at the print height. had to adjust and raise and drop many times but, its there.

Will there be a way in the future to use the sensor in the endstop format but, disable its use after homing or running a G29?