Close

Threaded View

Yet Another CTC Newbie - 3 1/2 questions.

Hello All,

I have had my CTC printer now for about a month and have absolutely loved. It has come with a lot of challenges, but thanks to the many other users on this forum it has been very enjoyable.

I am at a point now that I have a few questions that I hope you can all answer:

1- There is an LED on the underside of the build plate that will occasionally flash RED. What does this mean?
    1a - Is there a "bible" on the CTC printer outlines what the various LED on the printer signify? I would like to assume green means good, but with this printer I realize one cannot assume ANYTHING.

2- I have found that my aluminum build is not actually level. It has a dip in the middle. Slight, but it is affecting my prints. Is there an easy way to correct this? I am guessing no, so I have the following options :
    - Glass : I know, I know..its great, but quite frankly I don't want to deal with the glue, etc. so pretty low on my list.
    - PEI: I have a sheet at .76mm (.003 inches) that I can use, but am not sure it would be useful to place on top of my existing NON-FLAT aluminum plate. True?
    - Get a new aluminum plate that is flat like this one: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/6-mm-...544402743.html and use the PEI on top of that?
    I really want something that will last a long time with little EXTRA work as possible (no tape, glue, abs juice, etc).

3- I am thinking of going to .3mm nozzles. Does anyone have a good source for them that will work with CTC? A source for .4mm nozzles will be helpful also.

Looking forward to the responses.
    Last edited by adrianq; 04-29-2016 at 07:10 PM.