Close

Hybrid View

Add RobH2 on Thingiverse
    Really, that easily. OK, then I am over doing it. However, if you didn't want to pause the print, my technique could be useful in some cases I think. I'll try your method next time around. I appreciate the guidance.

Edit: One thing I just thought about that's good with your method is that each time you remove that hot filament, you are in effect cleaning the head. I read a post that said to heat and pull several times to get the inside of the print head clean. With your method, especially if you cut off that first 40mm or so (the part that would have trapped debris in it if there were any), you are always cleaning the head just a bit each change. Is that a reasonable observation?
    Last edited by RobH2; 03-19-2014 at 04:47 PM.
    Bambu P1S/AMS
    NVision4D http://nvision4d.com

Agree we always change filament with a hot hot-end.
    Quote Originally Posted by RobH2 View Post
    Really, that easily. OK, then I am over doing it. However, if you didn't want to pause the print, my technique could be useful in some cases I think. I'll try your method next time around. I appreciate the guidance.

Edit: One thing I just thought about that's good with your method is that each time you remove that hot filament, you are in effect cleaning the head. I read a post that said to heat and pull several times to get the inside of the print head clean. With your method, especially if you cut off that first 40mm or so (the part that would have trapped debris in it if there were any), you are always cleaning the head just a bit each change. Is that a reasonable observation?