Wooooo.... so, i was off and printing last night, everything was going great until last night. Trying my hand at printing PLA vs ABS. i knew everything would be different but, i wasnt aware that it was this much of a pain in my rear......

in other news, i think I might have killed another servo. The guy I got the printer from, didnt run the servo direct off of the Ramps 1.4 . he said it wasnt workign right. So, he has it running 12v thru a DC-DC converter to 5v.

its always had this weird jitter to the servo but, i took it as noise in the wires. last servo basically refused to move unless provoked after sending the commands. This new servo, worked great for a few weeks until last night. Went to move and it yelled at me. it shreeked as it was trying to move downward to show zero as the z axis went crashing into the bed. Im assuming the RAMPS board might be bad since the guy I got it from said it might be bad or are known to go bad.

I do have a RUMBA board also. he didnt use it with the Makerfarm kit because he said he didnt like it.

I am also moving on from using the servo to take that out of the equation all together by getting a capacitive sensor to hang off the side of the carriage. That way, once I have it set, I'll never need to touch that aspect again.