Quote Originally Posted by MattStrike View Post
Both of those options are a bit beyond my ability at the moment, as I'm not sure how to do either of them. Not that I don't understand.

Option #1 sounds like it would require that I reprogram something, presumably the main board on my printer, which is something I've never done. ..., and what software/interface do I need to learn how to use? I couldn't find an option in the printer itself to adjust that, but is there a way to add that setting?

I would like to retain the min temp for extrusion, as I do leave the printer running overnight. Doesn't sound like there's a way to do that with the gcode.
To flash the firmware, you'll need to do the following:
1. Install the Arduino software which allows you to compile/upload firmware to your controller board. http://arduino.cc/en/Main/Software
2. Obtain a copy of the Marlin firmware. Preferably whatever version you are already running. If you have not flashed it yourself then your Makerfarm build guide should have the link to download your exact firmware.
3. Make the firmware code modification that Printbus suggested above.
4. Use the software you downloaded in step #1 to compile and upload the new firmware.

There are youtube videos that explain this stuff in far greater detail, if you wish.

As for the M302 suggestion:
Every software I've ever used to slice and print something has some way to manually execute Gcode. Find that mechanism in your software and issue the
M302 command to the printer. This should cause it to attempt extruding at any temperature. BE WARNED: If you accidentally attempt to extrude when the filament is not melty you can ruin gears/belts/motors/etc. Thankfully, even if you execute M302 you can reset the printers state by simply powering the printer off and on again.