Quote Originally Posted by CShyde View Post
Hey Geoff-We have a few different blue tapes, but I wouldn't recommend any of them for covering a heatbed. Does it have to be blue? Maybe you can send me a photo of what you are using and I can see if it looks like anything we have. Do you know what the blue material you are using today is made of?
I find it odd you wouldn't recommend them when you are unsure of the tape I am even talking about...

I have experimented with many many types of tape and surfaces and I found the one I use to be the absolute best, on all of my machines whether they are heated or not. I use a fresh bed on most prints so I want a roll that will cover the bed in one strip, like a 5.5" kapton roll.

I currently use 3M 2" Blue tape, model 2093EL no it doesn't have to be blue but I find that has the best surface as it is not shiny slippery like the Gold or yellow and it's not rough like a BuildTak surface. What it's made from, well if you are tape suppliers I think you might have a better understanding of that than me.

I am basically looking for that exactly what I have or similar but in a 3" or larger width so I don't have to use multiple strips. Ideally 5-6" is what I'm after.