Hello, I recently started using Blender cause 123dDesign & Meshmixer don't have all the options I need. I have some basic skills of fiddling around with the mesh
My question is:
How can I subtract text from this apple and make it 3d printable (no sharp corners and impossible overhangs).
The idea is that the letters should be subtracted and leave behind a rounded edged hole with the inside warped to the overall geometry of the apple.
This was my best result as far as rounded edges (used depth and extrude from text options and boolean difference on apple for making the hole) but the hole doesn't warp to the curved geometry of the apple. It looks horrible.
And this is my best result as far as warped hole to the geometry of the apple (used extruded text with boolean difference on text object and then another boolean difference on apple). It looks decent but no rounded edges.

I would like to make the combined effects for this procedure, any idea how?

Looked at a couple of tutorials on how to customize text, but didn't find any info on how to round edges after subtraction. Tried the bevel for a vertex group that contained only the depth edges but the vertices went crazy.