Close

Threaded View

Technologist

About to try Marlin1.1.0RC4...

I'm about to try Marlin1.1.0RC4 (well..., current RC branch anyway), on my 12" i3v (w/ a Hexagon HE and RUMBA controller).

I've taken my best shot at migrating the appropriate Configuration.h settings from Colin's firmware source for the above mentioned machine, to the new firmware.

Encountered one compilation problem related to DEFAULT_SOURCE_URL not being properly defined in the RUMBA case (in language.h). Fixed that.

(Heh..., so that might suggest I'm an, er, early adopter on the RUMBA... )

One thing I've never played with are EEPROM_SETTINGS. I'm not even sure exactly how they're used..., so my question is this: in Colin's version of the firmware, and in the source for 1.1.0RC..., EEPROM_SETTINGS is enabled by default. Do I need to care about this? Do I need to clear EEPROM somehow before attempting to use the new firmware? It looks like EEPROM_SETTINGS are only put into effect with an explicit M50x command of some sort, i.e., unless I generate GCODE that does that..., it doesn't matter what the data in EEPROM actually is. Or am I way off? Or...???

Apart from the EEPROM_SETTINGS thing..., any other things I might want to double check before installing the new firmware?

Thx! -- John
    Last edited by lakester; 04-08-2016 at 08:18 PM.