Close

Hybrid View

Yes, the Manual Bed Level already saves the mesh to EEPROM. But it isn't set up to do a high resolution matrix right now.

Technologist
    That is good to hear! (Will investigate as to whether EEPROM_SETTINGS needs to be set for that particular thing)

FWIW..., I just completed the first print with 1.1.0RCBugFix..., and it worked perfectly, first time.

For anybody following this:

Even though 'SDSUPPORT" isn't defined in the Makerfarm version of the code, be sure to set it if you need the SD card to work.

Nit: I'm not sure this is exactly a bug..., or an "artifact"..., but it seems a little odd that the "notification" line at the bottom of the standard (non-"Graphical") LCD shows "Heating Bed", even when a job has completed and all heating has been shut off.

OK..., now off to the Makerfarm site to order the aluminum bed (and to other places to order the things needed to switch to a solid state relay so as to enable PWM on the heated bed).

Again..., thx Roxy and to everyone else for the work on Marlin. -- John

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    Yes, the Manual Bed Level already saves the mesh to EEPROM. But it isn't set up to do a high resolution matrix right now.

Technologist
    Follow-up: not sure if I should post this to a new thread...

First: Tried manual mesh leveling. It appears to be working. I wasn't 100% certain after the leveling operation whether I needed to save to EEPROM..., so I did (M500), just in case. G29 returns credible values and Z axis is moving as expected during prints. Forgot to mention..., I went ahead and added a M501 to the gcode startup section in the Slic3r config.

Second..., but: Printing from the SD card doesn't seem to work. I can see the files fine from the control panel, but when I select one to print, the display goes blank and the machine just sits there.

The following defines are set:

#define MOTHERBOARD BOARD_RUMBA
    #define SDSUPPORT
    #define REPRAP_DISCOUNT_SMART_CONTROLLER
    #define EEPROM_SETTINGS

The card had been removed and inserted and messages indicating that activity appeared on the control panel as expected. The "Print from SD Card" menu item displayed the expected list of files. It was only when a file was selected that things hung up.

FWIW..., when the hang was encountered..., all heating was discontinued.
    Last edited by lakester; 04-10-2016 at 10:24 PM.