Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Flexy-Hand

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by RimReaping View Post
    Looking good. Keep those updates coming! I'm loving the adaptive grip. Any news on anyone using one of these yet as a prosthetic?
    I know the Open Hand project in Bristol, UK have ordered some Filaflex to have a play around with, so there may be a possible route there.

I have uploaded a two part mould that you can print off and inject flexible sealant (silicon etc) into to make your own hinges. I have included the stl file in the original Flexy-Hand repository and also uploaded as it's own thing here

one thing i havent seen lately was the use of bicycle brake lines. They don't need to be held under tension like the current model

I have uploaded a slightly modified thumb position (original in green below) , which is more opposable to the index and middle finger for better crushing ability ROOOAAARRRR! A right hand version of this was also uploaded.

Flexy-Hand 2 is now available to download and print as a wearable prosthetic :

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:380665

Last edited by Gyrobot; 07-06-2014 at 05:44 AM.

Engineer-in-Training
    That is such a terrific improvement. I was disheartened when so many artificial hand projects lately were still block-hands.

I get that people want to help, but sometimes it helps to have experienced CAD operators, part modellers and such, because box-hands in 2014 is sad.
    Last edited by JRDM; 07-05-2014 at 09:35 AM.

The original Flexy-Hand has been integrated into a myoelectric arm :

http://enablingthefuture.org/2014/07...oelectric-arm/

Thanks for sharing this @Gyrobot . I too am creating a black version of the Flexi-Hand on my Prusa i3 Mk3.
    I've got all the fingers attached, cables (fishing line) ready to connect to the tensioners, and wanted to pick your brain about 2 things: Tensioner Adjustments and Grip Strength.

1) It appears that you've tied off your lines to the tensioners and they're at different heights. Is that so that you can accommodate the finger range? Looks like you've also got some screw hardware on the back part of the arm brace. What size and type are you using? From the brace, I printed out it looks like maybe a #6 or #8 woodscrew because they are countersunk, but thought you'd know what works best.

2) So far as grip goes, how strong is it? Can you pick up things like coffee mugs and soda cans, or is it not strong enough for that? Can you adjust grip strength through the tensioners or you always going to be beholden to the angle the wrist can bend at the joint?

Thanks in advance for your time.
    arezendes

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrobot View Post
    The original Flexy-Hand has been integrated into a myoelectric arm :

http://enablingthefuture.org/2014/07...oelectric-arm/

Here is a some pictures and video of a Black Flexy-Hand 2 :

Some pictures of the latest Flexy-Hand 2 - Filaflex Remix

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast