Close

Hybrid View

HI Rob,

I liked the idea of adding the switches in to control the fans, I have installed one at the hot end to help with PLA printing.

I got some bad news though, the printer board that I am using does not support a heated bed.
    - Does any one have suggestions on a new printer board that is more along the lines of a plug and play, I have no electronics experience and would prob break it.
    - Or are there any suggestion to use a heat bed on another controller or another setup as I already have the head bed?

I have also discovered that while replacing my thermistors that if i added 2 them together I get a more consistent temperature reading.

I have also been using a ABS gloop that is made of asatone and waste abs, it melts down and turns a little like wood glue, if you pour some on glass and smear an even layer it helps stop warping.

I will upload some picks of my machine and some of the prints as well soon as I can.

thanks

Pom

Student
    Hi Pom,

good to see that you´re making progress!

First of all I would like to know which printer board you´re currently using. I wouldn´t recommend a heat bed control seperated from the printer electronics since I don´t know any software supporting such a feature. Usually the temperature of the hotend AND the heatbet are set automatically at the beginning at any print job and afterwards both will be swichted. I wouldn´t want to loose that funktionality.

I think many of us using the Aduino Mega (or a clone of it) together with RAMPS board. There is a good documentation available for this combination. Firmware could be Marlin which is good described as well.