Earlier this month, I attended the Save As... art show at the pop-up BUNKER Gallery in the LES, just a few blocks from New York's only remaining 3D printer store, iMakr NYC. It was a small space and it was packed. And there was some fascinating 3D printed art to behold. The first thing that caught my eye was right there when I walked in, a sculptural piece by Rosalie Yu that was revolving slowly on a turntable. It was a nice way to display the sculpture as it depicted one figure distorted and wrapped around another figure. You really couldn't get the full effect without seeing it from different angles. Also on display at the gallery was Ashley Zelinskie's 'Platonic Solids'. The geometric 10-inch pieces were 3D printed and then plated in copper and nickel. The sides of each piece are composed of letters and numbers, and are a progression of Zelinskie's Reverse Abstraction series which includes the 'US Hexahedron', a 5-foot sculpture of laser cut aluminum that was made for the US Consulate in Saudi Arab, and the 3D printed 'Space Triangle', and 'One and One Chair'. Read more about the exhibit at 3DPrint.com: http://3dprint.com/124601/bunker-gal...d-printed-art/