Close

Threaded View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Right been using theis stuff long enough to have a good idea what it's good for and what it isn't good for.

I'll update this post when i try new materials out.

Printbite materials Pros and Cons.

Pros

Pla: all tested brands: - brilliant. Best print surface for pla I've ever used. Sticks great when hot, doesn't stick at all when cool. Damn near perfect.

Abs - works as well as kapton, but you'll still need an enclosed print area for excellent results

Polyflex - sticks great, and peels off fairly easily.

Sun-lu flexible pla - sticks a little too well, but as it's really strong filament should peel off cleanly.

Colorfabb xt - sticks well, can be a bit of a bugger on longer and larger prints. Put both printing temp and bed temp up by 10c and really smoosh the first layer onto the bed slowly and it works well.

Colorfabb Woodfill: sticks really well, small items need sharp tap to release, larger ones will need gentle prying with a scraper.

Pet-g: e-sun and technologyoutlet work pretty much as well as pla. I've used the lower end of the recommended printing temperatures and my standard 60c surface temp for the printbite.

Innofill pro 1: works exactly like pla, if not better, brilliant !

Conductive pla by proto pasta: have a loose calibration, if calibrated too tight it can stick a bit too much. Isn't particularly conductive though. You can't electroplate it

Cons

Flexismart - sticks like glue and tears when you peel it off leaving bits behind.

Mymat nylon - absolutely DO NOT print mymat nylon on printbite. welds itself to the material and cannot be removed without damaging the print and potentially the printbite

Polycarbonate - didn't stay stuck during printing. Could be down to my printhead not going high enough or bed temp not being hot enough - or both.

Abs - sticks, just not as well as pla.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 10-23-2016 at 11:41 AM.