Close

Threaded View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Okay so I recently found a roll of taulman bridge I got for christmas a couple years ago and promptly lost.

It's been out of the packet for a couple weeks, soaking up moisture. If you're going to test this stuff then I like to test them in the environment they'll most likely be kept in ;-)

Sticking to the printbite really well. Fizzing and popping like popping candy, so it's not goign to be the cleanest print you've ever seen - But have to say, it's working quite well.

After this print, I'll stick it in the dehydrator for a few hours or so and see if there's any difference.
    And while that's happening I'll try the flexismart.

Also making sure that with the cooling duct off and the extruder at near max temp - the new pla cooling duct doesn't melt :-)
    Hasn't yet, so that's good lol
    I've switched to these: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:537918

In fact I think I'll do the same print again with the cooling fan turned on - which is against the taulman printing guidelines.

So for second bridge print I've upped the temp from 255 to 260 and switched the print cooling fan on.
    Print speed for both is 30mm/s

Still sticking well, no signs of warpage. And it's definitely looking a little cleaner.

Hmm, there's a roll of taulman 618 around somewhere as well - might dig that out and try it, now I've read the taulamn printing guidelines ;-)
    And found something it sticks really well to.

The outer layer of 'wet' filament seems to have been used up now and the fizzing and popping has more or less stopped.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 04-14-2016 at 06:41 AM.