Close

Hybrid View

Staff Engineer
    An update on the special stuff! I've found a web site in the land down under that lists USA shipping, although with a huge shipping cost. The stuff is $79.95 a kilogram, which would probably last a year or two, from what I've read, with a $42.55 shipping cost. The total cost of $122.50 per kilo goes down to $101.34 per kilo if ten kilograms is ordered. If ten people wanted to order the stuff, I could place a bulk purchase, but then it would have to have shipping added from me to them, a minimum of eleven dollars for USPS flat-rate boxes. even then, that's $112.34 per kilo, about a ten dollar savings.

The likelihood of nine other people sending me a message for this material is slight, but I'm going to make a post to the other forum when I get another email from the list. We'll see what happens.

It's looking more and more likely that I'll be motivated to get my Pegasus up and running before Christmas!

I'm interested in trying Teflon AF 2400 which is a super oxygen permeable material... It's apparently what Carbon 3D uses and patented in their CLIP type printers. However, it's very expensive, 100ml 1% solution for around $450, which i don't think can be used and then 25 gram quantities of the resin in the few thousand range.