Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by pjfossee View Post
    I don't know why this would only happen with print g code...
    Well, the right gcode commands can over-ride a lot of the printer default settings. It could be you've got configuration issues in the slicer. When does it squeal? When trying to home? That's governed by HOMING_FEEDRATE in Marlin (at least in older versions I'm familiar with).

You could always post a small gcode file that has the z-axis issue for one of us to take a look at. It'd also be helpful to know how you went about adjusting the trimpot for the Z-axis stepper driver...

Technician
    It squeals after it homes when it moves up 10mm via a gcode command from the cura start g code. I adjusted the z trimpot which started at about 0.4v up to 0.8v then down to 0.2v to boa avail. That being said though I did the testing before I was even able to get two motors working at all. Now that they occasionally work, I'll take a look at the trimpot again when I get home.

Technician
    You were right about the gcode being the issue. The gcode set the travel speed for the z axis movements which is ~100mm/s and way to fast for the z axis which was causing the axis to squeal. The firmware was for some reason not implementing the max feed rate i set. I sent an M502 command and reset the EEPROM and it's all good now. Not sure how my EEPROM got messed up in the first place, but at least that's one more problem solved.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12