Hi all, I've been testing out various new filaments (exotic and others), and came across some PLA/PHA Mixed filament from MeltInk over on Amazon.com; I had a bad experience with the first roll of material, and thankfully the company sent me a replacement free of charge (after I returned the original to Amazon) -- as well as some standard PLA colored samples -- but I'm still having a frustrating time with the prints.

I've tried anywhere from 180c up to 220c on the extruder temps; the problem is the higher I go in temp, the more brittle the prints become, and it seems like the infill isn't quite "infilling" properly. I've managed, at 180c, to get a DECENT print... but the overall structure is still fairly brittle and much easier to snap in places than any standard PLA material I've used to print.

200c
2016-03-07 14.53.42.jpg

190c
2016-03-07 14.53.49.jpg

180c
2016-03-07 14.53.54.jpg

As you can see closely, there seem to be gaps in the infill sections, and the overall prints become more brittle and chalky the higher the temp. I don't think I can go less than 180c though and still get the filament to melt; what do you all think could be the issue with this filament? Anyone else have hands on experience with PLA/PHA?