Close

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by flatty_420 View Post
    I did check the stepper drivers and the one for the extruder was set to .647v (all the stepper drivers were at this high level) and I reduced it to .391v as per the troubleshooting pdf from Makerfarm but that made no difference.

Your enclosure is pretty damn cool... is that plexiglass?
    Yep Plexi.

Are you using Makerfarm Marlin or did you download it from somewhere else?

edit..
    I don't recall doing anything with eSteps on my printer lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Donziboy2 View Post
    Yep Plexi.

Are you using Makerfarm Marlin or did you download it from somewhere else?

edit..
    I don't recall doing anything with eSteps on my printer lol.
    I'm using Makerfarm Marlin. I tried the one that is linked in the firmware pdf and also the one that is in the Pegasus Software folder from the main build instructions (I think they are the same).

I tried switching the stepper motor driver between the extruder and the Y axis and now the extruder works fine and the Y axis won't move. That means I have a bad motor driver as far as I can tell...???

And yes the firmware will prevent cold extrusion.

Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    And yes the firmware will prevent cold extrusion.
    I had no problems running the extruder with pronterface while the hotend was cold.

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkASecondTime View Post
    To control the extruder from the LCD:

Prepare -> Move Axis -> Extruder -> 1mm -> Turn knob slowly counter clockwise to feed.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    Is the driver installed with the correct orientation?
    Yes

I had no problems running the extruder with pronterface while the hotend was cold.
    Same here. Pronterface will run the extruder motor with a cold hotend

My bet is blown driver. Had this happen to me right around Christmas on my 10".

Bought 5 spares for good measure. Plugged a new one in and right back printing.

-moyesusa

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by flatty_420 View Post
    ...Pronterface will run the extruder motor with a cold hotend
    But just to clarify, the printer prevents cold extrusion, not Pronterface or other host software. Either the printer firmware has things set to allow cold extrusion, or the printer is receiving an M302 gcode command to enable it. IMO, allowing cold extrusion by default isn't a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by printbus View Post
    But just to clarify, the printer prevents cold extrusion, not Pronterface or other host software. Either the printer firmware has things set to allow cold extrusion, or the printer is receiving an M302 gcode command to enable it. IMO, allowing cold extrusion by default isn't a good idea.
    Agree with all that. Ask me why... ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by printbus View Post
    We are talking about the manual controls. If your trying to extrude with a cold hotend with everything assembled then you deserve to have to clean up a mess.

Good deal its been a while since ive used pronterface.