Close

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by dspdrew View Post
    I got my QIDI TECHNOLOGY printer.
    All this, and it's $150 cheaper.
    ??? The QIDI printers I have seen are about $800. !
    The original CTC-Bizer is Only $400. now, which is a Good printer with a few modification added.
    So, I suppose it depends on if you have the extra $400. or had rather do the Mods yourself ?

All QIDI printers I've seen have full enclosures, which is Not good,
    since enclosures can cause motors to overheat and fail.

Senior Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleSeven View Post
    All QIDI printers I've seen have full enclosures, which is Not good,
    since enclosures can cause motors to overheat and fail.
    If your motors overheat and fail in an enclosed printer then you should buy better motors. Stepper motors are normally rated at way over the maximum temperature that will be seen in an enclosed 3D printer even if you over drive them or use microstepping. My Wanhao has been enclosed since a few weeks after I got it so that I can print ABS with no problems. It has been that way well over a year and has the cheapest crappiest steppers you have ever seen and they have not failed. I have never known a stepper motor fail due to heat and I have been designing machines that use them for over 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    If your motors overheat and fail in an enclosed printer then you should buy better motors. Stepper motors are normally rated at way over the maximum temperature that will be seen in an enclosed 3D printer even if you over drive them or use microstepping. My Wanhao has been enclosed since a few weeks after I got it so that I can print ABS with no problems. It has been that way well over a year and has the cheapest crappiest steppers you have ever seen and they have not failed. I have never known a stepper motor fail due to heat and I have been designing machines that use them for over 20 years.
    Mine have never failed because I don't use enclosure and have a fan at X & Y motors to prevent overheating.
    If they get too hot to touch, then they are Too Hot !
    (Motor failure info, from over-heat in enclosure, is from videos I've seen on internet)

Senior Engineer
    If they get too hot to touch, then they are Too Hot !
    That is an incorrect statement. Go read some specification data. Guessing technical information is not fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    That is an incorrect statement. Go read some specification data. Guessing technical information is not fact.
    I won't be replying to your Rude statements anymore !

Senior Engineer
    I won't be replying to your Rude statements anymore !
    My statement is not rude. My statement is fact. You should not post things as facts that are not true because people come here for information and when that information is incorrect it can create a lot of problems for people. Normally I do not reply to your incorrect posts if they will not have a potential direct effect on the way people act after they interpret the information. In this case I chose to reply as your incorrect post will cause people to worry that their motors are too hot and therefore they have something wrong when the truth of the matter is that there is nothing wrong.