Close

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Hybrid View

This. Is. Bullshit.

Well this is my lesson learned the hard way. Never backing another project from Kickstarter anymore. Fuck this.

You're damn right, because I realize now this was a scam from the go. David only kept roughly $216,000, but if all the rest of the money is blown, how did they ever intend to pay for stock to actually make all the printers for the thousands of requests since most of the critical parts are still 0 stock. Kickstarter is dead due to garbage like these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by MistahBradley View Post
    This. Is. Bullshit.

Well this is my lesson learned the hard way. Never backing another project from Kickstarter anymore. Fuck this.

Just a Reminder for all backers to email the authorities. Lets work together towards justice.

The more I read about this fiasco, the more I realize the Graystons were part of this. This project raised over a million dollars from KS, IG, BK, Grants and Family. David took roughly 216,000, so where did the $800,000+ go? $62,000 on parts and apparently whatever the cheezy confession video production cost. You can't expect us to believe you dropped $800,000+ in wages, because what would be left to finish the project. Even if the 'missing' $200,000 was present, they still couldn't complete the project. So email the authorities and lets get everyone involved that backed this.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Equipped View Post
    Just a Reminder for all backers to email the authorities. Lets work together towards justice.

The more I read about this fiasco, the more I realize the Graystons were part of this. This project raised over a million dollars from KS, IG, BK, Grants and Family. David took roughly 216,000, so where did the $800,000+ go? $62,000 on parts and apparently whatever the cheezy confession video production cost. You can't expect us to believe you dropped $800,000+ in wages, because what would be left to finish the project. Even if the 'missing' $200,000 was present, they still couldn't complete the project. So email the authorities and lets get everyone involved that backed this.
    Not certain where the over a million came from, but let's assume it *is* 800.000 on wages in 2.5 years, then it is still not *that* much... That is "only" a gross average of 27,000 per month... That is about (after insurances, taxes, etc.) a net salary budget of 16000 per month *for all people* working at Peachy... Which ignores any other expenses they'd have (like rent for their building/offices, electricity, water and other costs, etc. etc. etc.) AFAICT the amount was less though!...
    Many people do not realize how much extra costs an employer has per employee above the net salary they pay out...

*Not* saying Rylan has *no* responsibility in this, just saying that the above statement is not very well calculated through...

My TL:DR answer to the above: Yes, it is very conceivable to 'drop' that much in to payroll!

Oh, and I very much support the call to justice part: Please DO give as much info as you can to the authorities!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345