Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Technician
    Does it need certification because it's packaged as a complete printer instead of as a kit? Because I've had 2w laser diodes and drivers shipped to me, but customs never intercepts them (Ymmv, the companies I'm buying them from always label them as industrial samples). You might be able to get around the certification issues by shipping the laser diodes separately from the printers, if need be. Of course, 2 shipments would cost more than 1, but it would speed up shipment for people who are getting impatient (and don't mind paying a little extra for 2 shipments).

Peachy Printer Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by 3dspider View Post
    Does it need certification because it's packaged as a complete printer instead of as a kit? Because I've had 2w laser diodes and drivers shipped to me, but customs never intercepts them (Ymmv, the companies I'm buying them from always label them as industrial samples). You might be able to get around the certification issues by shipping the laser diodes separately from the printers, if need be. Of course, 2 shipments would cost more than 1, but it would speed up shipment for people who are getting impatient (and don't mind paying a little extra for 2 shipments).
    Ya we were curious about workarounds too, I even asked about the option of not shipping the laser at all and letting users source there own, as a drastic solution to if we didn’t pass.. it turns out that none of these workarounds are ok. Many company’s get away with many things but we are going to do our best to play by the rules as we figure all the rules out, one thing is for sure its not a simple process... Ill write more about what we have learned after we are through it all.

Technician
    I have just FINALLY received the v1 kit

Cool, any pics, first impressions?

@rylangrayston not a complaint, but any updates on the certifications?
    Last edited by oninoshiko; 03-27-2016 at 11:33 AM.

Any update? Been a month since the last update I've seen.

Peachy Printer Founder
    Big update on the way, This one is taking a while to make, were still plugging away at it.

Quote Originally Posted by rylangrayston View Post
    Big update on the way, This one is taking a while to make, were still plugging away at it.

I've got a model in OpenSCAD that's getting near ready to be printed!
    Last edited by oninoshiko; 04-11-2016 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oninoshiko View Post

I've got a model in OpenSCAD that's getting near ready to be printed!
    I have several models I'd like to try with a peachy that printed 'ok' on a standard filament printer but should be much better on a peachy!

Quote Originally Posted by CescoAiel View Post
    I have several models I'd like to try with a peachy that printed 'ok' on a standard filament printer but should be much better on a peachy!
    I actually kinda signed on on a lark, not really having anything in mind for my peachy. It's so inexpensive, it's hard to justify not having one. Since then, I've gotten my self a project which needs parts fabricated for it. While I'm not sure the output will be durable enough for long-term use, it will be great for making prototypes for testing.

While an extrusion printer would probably work just fine, I don't have one, so after some calibration prints...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast