Quote Originally Posted by X5INDIA View Post
Dear Geoff,

You can purchase a printer directly through FF however it will be held in customs until you pay 35% import duty and have a BIS Certification which itself in India costs around USD 2,000 (a lot of headache and takes more than a month)

So before commenting about pricing, please understand that each country has their own laws.

A BMW 3 Series in India, a 320d has a base price of around USD 100,000 which is three times the price of the US!

India is expensive mate....

Cheers!

Ouch. I apologise then, but no, it would not be held in customs for us in Australia. I can order a Flashforge printer on Monday, and by possibly Friday or the following monday, it is sitting at the post office waiting for me.

We pay no import tax (well, we don't pay extra tax, they may put it on the item, but if it is $1500 on Ebay, I pay $1500 with free shipping, and they deliver within 4-8 working days.

The last flashforge printer came in 6 days direct from FF in China, so yeah - I can imagine it is pretty hard to compete with that sort of market. We are fairly close to Asia geographically and pretty much everything of ours now comes from there.

We try and steer away from the U.S dollar at the moment, and trading with the asian market is still reasonably cost effective.