Close

Post Computer can't see Makerbot Replicator 2

For no clear reason, my Makerbot stopped being recognized at all by the computer. I can't see it in any printing software or even in Devices and Printers. It's normally connected through USB. Any suggestions are welcome. Below are the troubleshooting steps I've already tried.

PRINTER: Makerbot Replicator 2
    COMPUTER: Windows 7

TRIED:
    - Checking physical plug connections (unplugging, replugging)
    - Plugging into different computer
    - Using a different USB cable
    - Using different USB ports
    - Restarting printer
    - Restarting computer
    - Using different software (tried both Makerbot Desktop and ReplicatorG)
    - Restarting Makerbot background service
    - Reinstalling Makerbot Desktop software

The printer functions fine if I try to print from SD. As far as I can tell, both the printer and the computer are operating fine. There is just something going on with the connection that I can't figure out.

Did you find a way to resolve this problem? My Replicator 2 just began doing this. The only abnormal behaviour prior to this was:

Removed USB and installed it into a new machine, which didn't recognise the device. Then plugged it back into an old machine, which did. And now it won't work in either!

So, I haven't 100% solved it yet, but someone told me it might be an issue with the MightyBoard. I got a new MightyBoard from MakerBot, but it was dead on arrival, so I had to wait for a second one to arrive. Haven't had a chance to replace it yet, but I'm hoping that will do it.