Close

Hybrid View

Technician
    Follow JSenior On Twitter Add JSenior on Facebook
    Designspark Mechanical is great for making 3D printing models but you can't save out as a solid model (though somebody with Spaceclaim can do this for you.) We have an apprentice here just starting on it for the project for his course.

It's a bit stripped down but most of the features are there.

The reason I like Spaceclaim for 3D scan data (I'm not a dealer) is that it is very visual. It's very different to most CAD packages and a lot easier to learn.

Have a try and see what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by JSenior View Post
    Designspark Mechanical is great for making 3D printing models but you can't save out as a solid model (though somebody with Spaceclaim can do this for you.) We have an apprentice here just starting on it for the project for his course.

It's a bit stripped down but most of the features are there.

The reason I like Spaceclaim for 3D scan data (I'm not a dealer) is that it is very visual. It's very different to most CAD packages and a lot easier to learn.

Have a try and see what you think.
    Downloaded and appear to be nice. Tried importing some example of DAVID scans in obj format and is working fine. Now just need to understand how to use this scans as a guide for modelling.

Regarding the creation of mesh from the point cloud, confirm DAVID 4 sw can create it, not sure how advanced is into generating clean and correct one. What can be a nice and cheap program to correct original meshes? Meshmixer? MeshLab? 3D-Coat?