Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
I don't see it as being over useful for home users - but for a small company who are using 3d printers for small scale bespoke manufacturing, being able to easily manage a lot of printers from the one interface would be useful.

Also print bureas and services with a fair few machines.

So yeah definitely see a market for it. But probably not where you foresee one :-)
Our vision would be that each printer would have it's own MakerX attached to it. Though technically possible to put multiple printers on a single MakerX, it would increase the back end complexity a bit and reduce the personalization allowed to suit each printer. We hope to attract both markets, but value your thoughts on the subject since we are definitely still in the design stages. I idea is to give every printer, regardless of it's price, a lot of very useful and convenient functions to make everyone's lives easier in the world of 3D printing.

The other thing is your website is one of those I absolutely hate.
Lots of wordage with vague assertations.
Absolutely bugger all actual real detail.

It has - unfortunately - become the current fashion for new device websites.
Basically lots of crap that looks shiny to total idiots, but bugger all actual hard info.
We are definitely missing some specific details, but we believe everything we've designed so far is within the scope of possibility. I understand the frustration though. Pie in the sky ideas with no execution is not very encouraging and as an Engineer it's easy to roll your eyes at such things.

So there's this box - probably - couldn't find a picture of an actual box, just a drawn image of an xbox.
We actually did prototype, print and polish that box as our design. We have the physical box in the office for our first prototype.

How big is it, what connections does it have, how many printers can you physically plug into it. And if it only connects to your printer wirelessly - do you buy special pre-programmed wifi sd cards for each printer, or usb dongles for machines without sd card slots.
Given that most printers aren't wifi enabled.
Thank you for pointing this out, we should probably clarify better on the website. The intention is to take the USB cable from the printer, which normally talked to the computer directly, and plug it into MakerX. MakerX then becomes the device that makes your printer wireless.

We want to cater to your typical 3D printer to get their input on our features, so I really appreciate your honest feedback on the subject.