Ok so I looked into this to find the problem.
We did receive your messages Redox, and 2 employees here at Peachy read them and even messaged each other about your request!
It appears that there was some misunderstanding between the two employees.. They both thought the other one took care of your request.

Im going to create a company policy that would prevent this next time.
I think a few things need to change.

1. The first thing our employees should do when they get a question, is respond directly back to the customer. Even if the person at peachy doesn't have what your looking for
it would be good to get a response Like... " hey Redox Just so you know I got this message and Im looking into it " This way your not left wondering if we even got your message.
2. If the Peachy Employee you talked to first must pass you along to another person, then we should tell you that this is happening
with a message like "hey Redox, Im going to pass you on to Joe ( Joe@peachyPrinter.com ) as he is the one that can generate the gift code that you need."

Thanks for posting about this Redox! Were rather new to all this and we need all the feedback we can get.
The Hole team is also very over worked so while these kinds of things are not acceptable they are also not surprising.

On the plus side your package is in the mail now! and Iv sent you a PM with the tracking number.