Hi
Just a photo isn't much to help you troubleshoot. I really want to help you, but anyone would need a little more to go on. I would recommend to indicate : temperature, material (PLA, ABS) print speed, layer height, ...

Just a few comments anyhow :
- don't print at layer heights that are bigger than 70% of your nozzle diameter. It may work, but it won't be pretty. So with a 0,4mm standard nozzle, I wouldn't print layers over 0,3mm. That is true of any printer. You mention 1mm, I didn't think it was even possible.
- what is the real measured diameter of your filament. If it is not consistent or if it is over 1,75mm, it may create this issue.
- you can't raise the layer height and solve your issue because it may "just" be the initial height setting. Have you performed the Z offset setting according to the printrbot video as recommended ?
- The print speed is also very important and could be linked to this issue. If you print over 40mm/s then set it at 40mm/s at most.
- Have you modified the extrusion rate setting ? It is set at 1 on printrbot usually. I always found it to work fine for me. Unless you modifed the extruder, no reason to change it.

You can find a very useful troubleshooting guideline here : https://www.simplify3d.com/support/p...oubleshooting/