Hi All,

Been having a flick around the forum and I think Im in save hands!

Ive had my FF Creator Pro for a while now, and have loved what Ive managed to do with it.

I need to start printing in Nylon for a project I've taken on, so I picked up a 10m sample of Nylon and upgraded the left extruder to the MicroSwiss all metal hot end.

First print was at 250c - The layer adhesion was really good, but it came out all molten and frankly a bit of a mess.

Second attempt I lowered the print temp to 230c and it was much tidier, but the layer adhesion was terrible and I could literally pull the layers apart. Still came out like a blob in places.

The part I'm printing is small, about the area of your thumbnail, is less than 10mm tall and prints as two parts that are then assembled together. In ABS/PLA it prints perfectly, its just too brittle.

Here are the settings ive been using:

Object Infill - 100%
Layer Height - 0.27
Number of Shells - 1
Feedrate - 41mm/s
Travel Feedrate - 56mm/s
Print Temp - 250, then 230
Bed Temp - 75%

The Nylon is 1.75mm and black. I took it straight out of the plastic bag it came in and loaded it into the all-metal hotend. There was a bit of popping/crackling so I assume its absorbed some moisture? Is it really necessary to dry it out in the oven for 6-8hrs as one webpage I saw suggested?! Thats not exactly ideal for regular printing is it!

Any tips or suggestions for how to get this molten picasso of my drawing to print properly would be fantastic!

Cheers all

Josh