Close

Hybrid View

Technician
    cescoaiel, in my limited experience with fff printers a 0.3mm layer height is poor res, a 0.1mm layer height is ok, a 0.03mm is very fine (note all of these are on FFF printers), and the peachy should be able to get into the 0.003mm layer height(depending upon the container size and drip speed) so should be able to produce prints that would please almost anybody that can accept a single colour object with the ability to add dyes to the resin to colour it

Quote Originally Posted by harpo99999 View Post
    cescoaiel, in my limited experience with fff printers a 0.3mm layer height is poor res, a 0.1mm layer height is ok, a 0.03mm is very fine (note all of these are on FFF printers), and the peachy should be able to get into the 0.003mm layer height(depending upon the container size and drip speed) so should be able to produce prints that would please almost anybody that can accept a single colour object with the ability to add dyes to the resin to colour it
    First off, I had a typo which I corrected (0.5mm -> 0.05mm), secondly these are pretty small containers he used for the calculations, so you can work with bigger containers to decrease the layer height accordingly (a doubling of the size, reduces the height increase by 75% (ie leaves it at 25% of the original), as we're talking squared (to the power of 2) increase of volume when we're increasing the surface area of the container...
    Additionally, the smaller the inside diameter of the tube in the peristaltic pump, the smaller the per-segment volume. The more rollers on the main body, the smaller the per-segment volume... So there's a lot of variables that have NOT yet been considered in DoulosDS's calculations. A bigger body with more rollers may be able to provide both higher precision as well as higher max volumes...
    Nobody said this would be easy!

PS: 0.2mm is typical layer height for a filament based 3D printer, although many can actually do 0.1mm, and some even 0.05... The peachy's higher Z-resolution is a great premise to start from, but we'll need to see in practice what Z-resolution will be the most practical...