Close

Hybrid View

Staff Engineer
    From what I can recall, plate flatness is one aspect. When a printer can produce 0.025 mm resolution, a divot in the plate or a minor (to a filament printer) warp will cause print failure. Bed leveling is another concern.As already noted, temperature control is important too. I think one user had a problem related to the bed zero location being too far down, compressing the silicone or the supervat so much that all the resin was squeezed out in some locations. From what I've read, none of these failures can be attributed to software.

Technologist
    Ahhh, my code might take into account the last ones. I'll have a calibration method where you can indicate where the bed is relative to their "limit sensor". I was also thinking of creating a way to tell when the plate is at or near the bed, but I'm not sure how well this would work out as it would mean attaching a button at the edges of the bed that would act as another limit sensor. The FSL3D cape would support me adding two of these buttons I think, if not I might be able to hijack some other unused pin.