Close

Hybrid View

Follow ServiceXp On Twitter Add ServiceXp on Google+ Add ServiceXp on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyKisser View Post
    Sorry but what do you mean by dismantle that "assm"? you mean the metal thing behind the fan?
    I removed the fan in order to take this picture. I tried to take out the drive but it seems like the other end of the filament is stucked in the noozle so I could not take it off. I'm pretty sure this is the case.
    By assm., I mean removing the stepper motor, drive blocks, cooling fan and block heat sinks for starters. There will come a time when you will need to unclog a nozzle, but I would wait to learn how to do that until it happens.

So if there is still filament going down to the extruder preventing the removal of the drive bock and motor then you should be able to push down on the lever and pull the entire assm. up (remember to disconnect the stepper wires). If that doesn't work, cut the filament between the black drive block and the the metal extruder, right at the extruder (flush with the metal).

Quote Originally Posted by ServiceXp View Post
    By assm., I mean removing the stepper motor, drive blocks, cooling fan and block heat sinks for starters. There will come a time when you will need to unclog a nozzle, but I would wait to learn how to do that until it happens.

So if there is still filament going down to the extruder preventing the removal of the drive bock and motor then you should be able to push down on the lever and pull the entire assm. up (remember to disconnect the stepper wires). If that doesn't work, cut the filament between the black drive block and the the metal extruder, right at the extruder (flush with the metal).
    I took your advice trying to cut off the filament between to seperate the motor driver and the noozle but I dont know where to start then I contacted Mr Tang from Amazon Flashforge. He gave the same advice with some pictures and videos instructed to cut off the filament and try flush down the left over filament without the motor on. But it is easier said than done.
    Cutting off the filament on top and inside the drive is not hard but the part between the drive and the top noozle is hard as hell since the space is so little. It took me sometimes to cut it off with a very thin blade.
    So now I can seperate the motor. I heat up the extruder and tried to poke down the filament with a small head rod but the little bastard is tough like rock. You can see it in the picture. I could not make it move even one bit. I almost gave up thinking I have to remove th noozle and start from the inside. Then I had an idea, I heat up the little rod with my lighter and try melting the filament at the same time poking it down. And YES it worked, it was very easy then to flush out the stucked filament.
    I am in heaven right now, I am total noob when it comes to technical aspect but this one time I am feeling good about myself lol.
    Guys, I have to say I really appreciate your time to give me advices. I know nobody that owns a 3D Printer so it's all come down to you guys, the online community.
    Last but not least, the support from Mr Tang has been great so far.

Attached Images Attached Images

Follow ServiceXp On Twitter Add ServiceXp on Google+ Add ServiceXp on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyKisser View Post
    I took your advice trying to cut off the filament between to seperate the motor driver and the noozle but I dont know where to start then I contacted Mr Tang from Amazon Flashforge. He gave the same advice with some pictures and videos instructed to cut off the filament and try flush down the left over filament without the motor on. But it is easier said than done.
    Cutting off the filament on top and inside the drive is not hard but the part between the drive and the top noozle is hard as hell since the space is so little. It took me sometimes to cut it off with a very thin blade.
    So now I can seperate the motor. I heat up the extruder and tried to poke down the filament with a small head rod but the little bastard is tough like rock. You can see it in the picture. I could not make it move even one bit. I almost gave up thinking I have to remove th noozle and start from the inside. Then I had an idea, I heat up the little rod with my lighter and try melting the filament at the same time poking it down. And YES it worked, it was very easy then to flush out the stucked filament.
    I am in heaven right now, I am total noob when it comes to technical aspect but this one time I am feeling good about myself lol.
    Guys, I have to say I really appreciate your time to give me advices. I know nobody that owns a 3D Printer so it's all come down to you guys, the online community.
    Last but not least, the support from Mr Tang has been great so far.
    Fantastic! Nice Job. and yes Mr. Tang's support is VERY good, much better then the factory rep support I hear. You will be an 'expert' in no time, as the one thing this hobby pushes you to do is to learn and experiment.

Have fun!!

Quote Originally Posted by ServiceXp View Post
    Fantastic! Nice Job. and yes Mr. Tang's support is VERY good, much better then the factory rep support I hear. You will be an 'expert' in no time, as the one thing this hobby pushes you to do is to learn and experiment.

Have fun!!
    Thank you for encouraging me learning and trying. I am sure I will never be able to overcome this challenge today without guys like you.
    So to all of us, Print Safe and Enjoy