Wondering if anybody has any tips or software solutions to easily "scale" a complex shape with multiple insets to allow for assembly clearances after printing. I've attached a picture with the simplest example. The item attached is designed as a 3 piece model. The yellow is all one piece and includes a flat area to which the black lays on top of, and the black is 2 separate pieces (insert of O, and surround of O).

O.PNG

The issue at hand is, I can easily scale the inside of the O to say .99 and have it assemble, but if I scale the black area outside of the O to 1.01, then it becomes too large for the overall dimension. If I scale the O itself to .99 so that it can fit inside of the black area as designed, then the interior "hole" of the O is also scaled down which requires further scaling of the interior.

What I REALLY need to be able to do, is shrink just the outer diameter of objects. If you have any thoughts, they'd be appreciated. Here is the much more complex design that this O is a part of. The yellow again is all one piece (1mm thicker than the rest of the pieces to provide a platform), the red line is a stand alone piece, and the black is 6 pieces (top of X, bottom of X, center of O, center of A, center of A, the rest).

xprint.jpg

Again, any ideas are greatly appreciated. If I've chosen poorly for the thread location, my appologies.