Close

Hybrid View

Staff Engineer
    Jackso is asking how to scale the features seperately, so that they can scale the inside of the 0 down and the outside up. If it were a 2D CAD file that is being extruded, you can use the Offset feature on each line to move it inward or outward as needed before re-extruding the model in the software. If it's saved as a STEP or other feature-based format, you might be able to go in and re-scale features independently, depending on what modeling package you have.

Unfortunately, it's most likely an stl file, which is interpreted as a single piece without defining ends or beginnings of discrete features, in which case, your best bet is to trace over it to make a new object.

Quote Originally Posted by Feign View Post
    Jackso is asking how to scale the features seperately, so that they can scale the inside of the 0 down and the outside up. If it were a 2D CAD file that is being extruded, you can use the Offset feature on each line to move it inward or outward as needed before re-extruding the model in the software. If it's saved as a STEP or other feature-based format, you might be able to go in and re-scale features independently, depending on what modeling package you have.

Unfortunately, it's most likely an stl file, which is interpreted as a single piece without defining ends or beginnings of discrete features, in which case, your best bet is to trace over it to make a new object.
    Exactly! I've been using 123D Design, and have become pretty decent at using it. The base image for this project is a svg imported into 123D design. I tried using the offset tool prior to extrusion of the shapes, but for some reason, the offset tool won't work on the complex shapes like the "rocky font" text. I was hoping someone might know of a trick in mesh maker, or make, or any other tool that might get it to work.