Close

Hybrid View

Follow ServiceXp On Twitter Add ServiceXp on Google+ Add ServiceXp on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by keithk16 View Post
    Instead of trying to sell you on my filament I am going to give you my personal recommendation.

Just like you I have a 3D Hub (Adaptive 3D Printing) and ever since I started it I have used only one filament provider, Hatchbox. Hatchbox is sold on Amazon and for $22.98 per 2.2 Lb. spool it cannot be beat not to mention the variety of colors they offer in both PLA and ABS. Most, if not all, of my customers have told me the quality of their part is amazing and I think this is in part to the quality of filament that I use.

Hope this helps.
    Have you had a chance to use their Silver ABS yet?

My company just created the world's first and only biodegradable ABS Filament. We're also the manufacturer of PLAyPHAb, a Premium PLA/PHA blend that is 100% biodegradable and gives PLA the strength and pliability of ABS. So, I guess you could say I'm biased.

Technologist
    Follow mikethebomber On Twitter Add mikethebomber on Facebook Add mikethebomber on Google+
    Quote Originally Posted by BSCdan View Post
    My company just created the world's first and only biodegradable ABS Filament. We're also the manufacturer of PLAyPHAb, a Premium PLA/PHA blend that is 100% biodegradable and gives PLA the strength and pliability of ABS. So, I guess you could say I'm biased.
    And that company would be?

Quote Originally Posted by mikethebomber View Post
    And that company would be?
    3D PrintLife

Follow ralphzoontjens On Twitter Add ralphzoontjens on Facebook Add ralphzoontjens on Shapeways Add ralphzoontjens on Thingiverse
    3D PrintLife
    I know this company because I have worked for them as a designer. They are very professional and know what they are doing in the business.
    I recommend trying their filaments. I hear a lot of good things about Hatchbox as well. And I second the opinion not to order from China because it's not reliable. They sometimes also send you the wrong products.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    is that the same as the colorfab pla/pha filament ?

And how do you make abs biodegradable ? And does doing so alter any of it's properties - for good or bad ?

I use a local filament firm coex3d. Website is a bit lame, but good info there and updated fairly frequently. Once you get to understand how the products are arranged, it isn't so bad. I've actually found the mobile version does a better job of differentiating the size spools. Colored PLA/ABS at 23, B/W at 21 per kg and 500g spools for 9-11. Running a free shipping deal now for orders over $100, code is coexfree. Need to select the free shipping option after entering the coupon, it doesn't automatically do it for you. They offer a local pickup option for anyone in NE Wisconsin as well.

I only use their 3mm stuff, but found it to be very consistent and of good quality. I'm sure the 1.75 is just as good, I just have no need for it. Good price for domestic filament. I've found the company to be really responsive to email. They allowed me to test some of their new filament as well, just came out with a heat resistance pla they call pla prime, and a new PETG variant (don't think this is on the website yet, but pretty sure you could call and get a sample). I'm pretty excited about both, and the owners have a number of other filaments they plan on releasing before the end of the month.