Close

Hybrid View

So, I've been playing around with one-point build plate leveling concepts on and off for a few months and they appear to work. I'm really excited for the latest revision.

My first attempt works and is quick to level. However, it doesn't lock on axis very well, so I get undesired yaw spinning. Also had increased Z-axis footprint which isn't desirable and you couldn't quick release the plate off the build arm.

The second revision I was still searching for a cheap option with little to no manufacturing on my part, but it didn't work out. This has the same z-axis footprint as the original build plate and quick releases off the arm, but still yaw spins on axis.

Which brings me to the third revision, that I need to test out (update: tested). This should lock on axis, have the same or less Z-axis footprint and quick release from the build arm.

Still looking at options for the actual build plate itself. Really depends how complex I want to get, drawing from Form 2's feature rich build plate or just making a stiffer flat metal plate. I can tell you one thing, it won't be aluminum and it will be precision ground to tight tolerances.

Pictures don't appear to be uploading Once I have more I'll attempt to host them somewhere. (update: pictures added!)
    Last edited by chooch; 09-03-2016 at 11:05 AM.

Updated my last post with pictures.

I'm happy to report my third revision works! levels the build plate very quickly and no more on axis spinning. It locks in place quite well.

It just needs a little more refining now, like a quick release build head lever. Sort of like the Formlabs printers.