20160228_021349 (1).jpg

There is a good photo of said wire, and I am really confused as to how this would happen after 13 days of logged prints (maybe 2 months ownership). I was printing abs at 220 hot end and 100 on the bed, the control box got really hot and I shut it down as soon as I noticed. I googled the lcd screen turning off and found others same problem but with the heatbed wires. Clearly there is a wiring issue, others have shown the heatcore wires melting the filament before it gets in the extruder.

Overall I put most of my time into making this a better printer, and I am going to have to do a youtube review just to get a bit more honest feedback out there.

The build quality of this printer is dismal, my y axis belt was about 7mm out of alignment. Even so it printed right out of the box, pretty good too.

I went all out, z axis braces, new y carriage which I had to design offset bearing blocks to use. Converted to 3 point leveling, printed and installed the x axis blocks that allow the x axis belt room to move, toothed idlers, silicon thermal pad. Last two I never got to use....

Before the death of this printer I was blown away at the improvements in the quality of the prints. Now I am kinda thinking that many other brands would have given me these results much faster with less effort.