Close

Hybrid View

Banned
    Add jtice on Thingiverse
    Yea UK suppliers wont really help me, shipping is always an issue. Thanks for the offer though.

I have messed with the tension on the hobbed bolt, I have had it pretty tight before, to the point its putting pretty deep notches in the filament.
    Not tried it SUPER tight before, read that you dont want it digging into the filament super deep.

When it slips, it eats a grove in the filament, and can no longer grab it to feed it, so,, the print continues with the printer not extruding.
    So yea, frustrating, cuz that ruins every print that it happens on. I have had it happen after 5 minutes, and 5 hours.

Follow 3dex ltd On Twitter Add 3dex ltd on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by jtice View Post
    Yea UK suppliers wont really help me, shipping is always an issue. Thanks for the offer though.

I have messed with the tension on the hobbed bolt, I have had it pretty tight before, to the point its putting pretty deep notches in the filament.
    Not tried it SUPER tight before, read that you dont want it digging into the filament super deep.

When it slips, it eats a grove in the filament, and can no longer grab it to feed it, so,, the print continues with the printer not extruding.
    So yea, frustrating, cuz that ruins every print that it happens on. I have had it happen after 5 minutes, and 5 hours.
    No worries, always happy to help though.

Sounds like you do have your hobbed bolt very tight if its making deep notches. Very unusual then and I can't think what it might be. Theres nothing more frustrating than a ruined print!