Close

Hybrid View

Technologist
    I did try using your guide but couldn't get the card to connect to my router.
    According to this https://www.toshiba.co.jp/p-media/ww...ive_webdav.pdf the Flashair drive option only works with W-03 cards.
    When I ran the Flashair tool, the Flashair drive option was greyed out so I guess W-02 cards are not compatible.
    I can still ulpload to the card by connecting directly to it and using the browser mod however.

Follow ServiceXp On Twitter Add ServiceXp on Google+ Add ServiceXp on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by scobo View Post
    According to this https://www.toshiba.co.jp/p-media/ww...ive_webdav.pdf the Flashair drive option only works with W-03 cards.
    When I ran the Flashair tool, the Flashair drive option was greyed out so I guess W-02 cards are not compatible.
    I can still ulpload to the card by connecting directly to it and using the browser mod however.
    Oh I'm sorry scobo, I didn't read your question correctly, (that's what happens when I try to multi-task). As you have discovered, the API changed with the W-03 cards giving it the additional functionality.

Sorry about that.

Senior Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by scobo View Post
    I don't think my cards are w-03. I have had them a couple of years. They all connect fine to my router. It is unclear to me what you are trying to do without me going off and reading lots of guides.

The best thing to do with the Toshiba software is to put it in a bin bag and forget you ever owned it.

Technologist
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    I don't think my cards are w-03.
    Mine is clearly marked W-02 on the label on the front of the card.
    It appears this version isn't able to connect to a network.

Last edited by scobo; 06-09-2016 at 12:15 PM.

Follow ServiceXp On Twitter Add ServiceXp on Google+ Add ServiceXp on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    I don't think my cards are w-03. I have had them a couple of years. They all connect fine to my router. It is unclear to me what you are trying to do without me going off and reading lots of guides.

The best thing to do with the Toshiba software is to put it in a bin bag and forget you ever owned it.
    My understanding is that versions < W-03 Don't have Webdav to allow for mapped drive use.

Engineer
    I have been using the Toshiba Air card setup with my QiDi for about a year now. I love it. It has been rock solid. HOWEVER, I have one more gold plated caveat to add to the list of Toshiba Air Card "gotchas".

DO NOT attempt to move a file over WiFi onto the Toshiba Air Card that includes an "&" embedded in the file name. Example: "Nuts&Honey".

Windows is fine with this, and the file system on the SD card is fine with this, but the Toshiba code that deals with comms to/from the card goes bats. I seem to recall that DOS utilized the "&" as kind of an "Escape" character, maybe something like that is going on... Anyway, the file save will fail, and the card's "Files" directory will become inaccessible via WiFi. Take the card out and directly access via some SD dongle from your computer to change the filename to one without the offensive "&". All will be well.

I feel like a freaking idiot for not approaching it from the "What was the last thing you did" perspective. Took me about 30 minutes of ripping things apart and incrementally rebuilding it all to get it. I finally got the (in your face) clue when I saved the same file I had been trying to save previously, and everything promptly went straight south in a handbasket once again. Faceplant...

Technologist
    Thanks for the heads-up there. I'll be sure to avoid that one !

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    I have been using the Toshiba Air card setup with my QiDi for about a year now. I love it. It has been rock solid. HOWEVER, I have one more gold plated caveat to add to the list of Toshiba Air Card "gotchas".

DO NOT attempt to move a file over WiFi onto the Toshiba Air Card that includes an "&" embedded in the file name. Example: "Nuts&Honey".

Windows is fine with this, and the file system on the SD card is fine with this, but the Toshiba code that deals with comms to/from the card goes bats. I seem to recall that DOS utilized the "&" as kind of an "Escape" character, maybe something like that is going on... Anyway, the file save will fail, and the card's "Files" directory will become inaccessible via WiFi. Take the card out and directly access via some SD dongle from your computer to change the filename to one without the offensive "&". All will be well.

I feel like a freaking idiot for not approaching it from the "What was the last thing you did" perspective. Took me about 30 minutes of ripping things apart and incrementally rebuilding it all to get it. I finally got the (in your face) clue when I saved the same file I had been trying to save previously, and everything promptly went straight south in a handbasket once again. Faceplant...
    Holy crap that's messed up, It would've taken me days to figure that out.. I've switched both of my printers over to OctoPrint so I've not used the cards in my printers for about 6 months now.