Close

Hybrid View

Senior Engineer
    I'm sorry, you are so far away from understanding what I am saying that I cannot explain it to you. You need to go and read about USB , particularly the technical specifications of the protocol and the way it is handled by the host processor.

It is not a fault with anything it is merely the way USB is specified and what it can and cannot do. Real time critical communications over USB are outside the specifications of the protocol and this is made worse by the fact that the Windo$e core is also not capable of real time communications. Most operating systems cannot handle real time communications properly. Linux can, under special circumstances, if you use a real time kernel but even with that USB is still not suitable for real time critical stuff. Linux by default does not use a real time kernel but it is available if you need it. LinuxCNC uses a real time kernel for control.

It is most likely that you will not see the problem from the Windo$e end anyway. The problems will originate at the printer end where resources are extremely limited and the processor is working hard.

But why worry about it, if 'It Works' !
    And it 'Does Work Great' with Real, modern computers, printers and software!
    Try it, you will Like it !

I forgive you for being insulting !