Close

Hybrid View

Follow ServiceXp On Twitter Add ServiceXp on Google+ Add ServiceXp on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleSeven View Post
    USB is So much Faster and Easier for us.
    And the file types that can be read directly from a SD is very limited
    I don't think our CTC's USB port is any faster or more reliable than it is in a FF, but maybe it is ??
    What slicer are you using? For those who use the 2015 FFCP with S3D it's almost useless for file transfer, nothing new very common problem.

Now if you are talking about printing from USB, using a computer that's a different animal all together. As I said before, I don't print via USB. I like many others don't want to have a computer connected to and running all the time to print.

What do you mean by ".... file types that can be read directly from a SD is very limited"

The solution I proposed above has no limitation that I've found (except file names over 15 character limit), and solves a specific problem for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ServiceXp View Post
    What slicer are you using? For those who use the 2015 FFCP with S3D it's almost useless for file transfer, nothing new very common problem.

Now if you are talking about printing from USB, using a computer that's a different animal all together. As I said before, I don't print via USB. I like many others don't want to have a computer connected to and running all the time to print.

What do you mean by ".... file types that can be read directly from a SD is very limited"

The solution I proposed above has no limitation that I've found (except file names over 15 character limit), and solves a specific problem for me.
    Yes we have a computer, that I assembled, dedicated just for the printer,.
    always connected thru USB. Very easy that way !
    We use Makerbot-2.4 slicer.

Our CTC printer will only read .x3g files from a SD card, not .stl files,
    and I've read that other printer makes are limited that way also.
    Last edited by EagleSeven; 01-10-2016 at 11:09 AM.

Follow ServiceXp On Twitter Add ServiceXp on Google+ Add ServiceXp on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleSeven View Post
    Yes we have a computer, that I assembled, dedicated just for the printer,.
    always connected thru USB. Very easy that way !
    We use Makerbot-2.4 slicer.

Our CTC printer will only read .3xg files from a SD card, not .stl files,
    and I've read that other printer makes are limited that way also.
    Ok so that make MUCH more sense. We are not talking about that same things here.

The "file type" is not a limitation in the method used for printing, it's a limitation of the printers firmware, actually I wouldn't even call it a limitation, its more like a specification, which is a non issue because S3D converts to .x3g automagically...

Technologist
    I have an 8GB W-02 card.
    Does this only work with a W-03 card ?

Quote Originally Posted by scobo View Post
    I have an 8GB W-02 card.
    Does this only work with a W-03 card ?
    I don't see why it wouldn't. The video should help you get it set up. I put a copy of my CONFIG. file in the video description.